Tuesday 16 July 2013

Worst buys for under $5!



Oh my god, I wrote this WHOLE post and the whole thing deleted. So here I go again.

First, I have NYX lipstick in their matte formula. I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about these. I have found that some colours have different formulas. The colour I have in particular I have heard and experienced that the lipstick is sooo chalky and just yuck when you apply. The colour is so amazing though and it just upsets me. When applying I've found that its really hard to apply and really drying and doesn't look good on the lips at all.


Next is a Maybelline lipstick. I usually generally like Maybelline lipsticks and its not the formula I don't like. It's the colour, when buying this on the Internet, the colour looked soooo different but when I got it it was white, literally. It's like transparent and you can't even see it. It does have some shine to it as you will be able to see in the swatch below but when applying it, you can't even see on the lips. I bought this for about $3 on sale.


Now, this one is my last lip product, it's a lip liner from Revlon. This lip liner is the worst I've ever had. It's so hard and drying on the lips and its just horrible. It drags my lips when I apply. I have more I'm this liner if you interested, just scroll through my blog. I bought this for $3.99.


 Next is Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I have heard so many great things about this product, but for me I find it really cakey. When I apply it I look so cakey and powdery it's just horrible. It feels very heavy and looks weird too. I brought this for $4.99 on sale. 


Now since I can't afford expensive makeup wipes, I like to try different cheap ones. I know this can be bad for me since I have sensitive skin but I thought I'd give it a try. These wipes though, oh my god. The broke me out sooooo bad and they are just horrible. I bought these for $1 on sale, I have another brand which is amazing which I will feature in an upcoming post soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment