Thursday 4 July 2013

Napoleon haul!

Hey guys, I got all these products earlier this year on the 5th of March, my birthday! From my brother. Wooo. 

(Sorry if some of these photos have different backgrounds, some were taken when I first got them and some I took just now)


I'll go through all products and put in pictures of them, I'll also do a little review!

First, the brushes. 


This is a blush brush and it is amazing. It's perfect for blush, bronzer and contouring because of the small brush being really precise.


This brush is just a classic foundation brush. I don't apply my foundation with this because I think I get a better finish with some other brushes I have. I just use this for primer, which is why the brush looks so clean and a little wet.


The last brush is just a powder brush. It is verrryy big and you pretty much cover your whole face in one swipe, which is good if you're in a rush. 

I'd like to note, these brushes are really good. None if the bristles have fallen out and the brushes are extremely soft on the face. I have noticed though that some of the bristles are flicking out from the sides.

Next product is a lip gloss.


The gloss is just a nude but it is really pretty. It has a little shine to it and its just so cute on the lips. It has a weird scent that I can't quite describe, to me it smells like toffee but I really have no idea. I don't wear it often, I don't usually wear lipglosses anyway, mostly because I don't like having sticky lips. 

Next, I got a mascara.


This is called Eye-Magnif, I have a love hate relationship with this mascara, because some days it looks really nice but others it looks horrible. When I first got it I noticed it was a little dryer then other mascaras I have used, which is alight. But then I saw the brush,


I'm not sure how the best way to describe the brush would be, to me it's something I have never seen before. In the picture you can slightly see that the product is dry. It applies really different and sometimes it just looks weird. The product seems a little clugy on the brush and it doesn't do anything different to my eye lashes except give them a bit of colour and a tiny bit of length.

If I had the choice of swapping this product with a different product or even a drug store mascara, I would. 

Next, I have a primer.


I have heard so many good things about this primer and I am proud to say I own it. I don't usually prime my face but I have done it much more now that I have this. 

The actual formula is really light and drys quick. I do notice a difference from when I do and don't apply this primer. My foundation does stay on my face a lot longer which is good and it just looks and feels better in general. 

Next, I have a foundation.


This foundation just makes me so sad. I really love it an tried wearing it once but I just couldn't. It is sooooo orange. I don't know why, maybe the colour is just too dark, and yellow based. But it looks like I got a bad fake tan on my face. I am in look 4 like the powder but I'm not sure why this is so different. 



People always try and tell me that there is something in it that makes it look orange but when you apply it it's fine, which is a total lie. 

I can't really say much on this product mostly because I haven't really used it, I couldn't wear it out because I looked so orange.  But I can say that it's really creamy and moisturising, from what I have tried and I think it was medium coverage. 

If I could I would go back and swap this for my skin tone and everything would be perfect.

Next, I have just done a post on in my favourite powder, so I won't be saying anything on it, I will be just adding a picture. If you want to know more about it, you can just scroll down and it should be the next post. 


Next, I have a body cream and body spray. 


This product, I strongly dislike. Not the actual product, but the smell. It's ginger, I never thought of me hating the scent of ginger, but it just seriously makes me sick, it's horrible!

I'm really disappointed because these products would be so fun to use, but I just can't use them. 

I can't say anything about the cream and spray because I haven't used them. The smell just puts me off, I don't even have them near my room, they are locked away in the bathroom in the back of the cupboard because they scent is so strong! I know they have a vanilla scent and I'm so sad that I didn't get that, so if you do want to try out these body products, I suggest skipping this scent and go straight to vanilla. 


That's all guys! All up, I absolutely love Napoleon and I have been using it forever, since my mum had it haha. All of their products are amazing and I've heard such good things about all of them. 

Can I just say, I bloody love the packaging for Napoleon, it is so elegant and beautiful and it just draws me in 100%, all the colours and patterns are just so lovely. I will always love Napoleon and will always buy off them.

Huge thanks to my big brother and cousin for getting these products for my birthday! Woooo


No comments:

Post a Comment